So for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and Bookish, we have kick ass heroines that we love! Such a fun topic.
1. Kami Glass from Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan I adored Kami from the beginning of Unspoken. I was getting tired of reading books where the female main characters were absolutely walked all over. I love her spunk, and sarcasm. She was awesome (and I can’t wait for book 2!)
2. Skeeter and Aibileen from The Help by Kathryn Stockett This was such a great book, and for me Skeeter and Aibileen were a package deal. Their strength and courage, especially in the time they were living in were especially moving. I laughed and cried during this one! Love these girls.
3. Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson I think if you were to look for an over all kick ass female character, Lisbeth is it. First of all, she is not what people expect. And when your name is on her shit list? Well, if I were you I would high tail it out of there.
4. Melinda from Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson This is one of my favorite books of all time, and the reason is because of Melinda’s growth. She suffers in silence through the most traumatic event of her life, until she is finally able to find her voice and stand up for herself .She is amazing.
5. Cinder from Cinder by Marissa Meyer This was one of my first reads of the year, and I immediately loved Cinder. First of all, she’s a cyborg and what is not awesome about that? She is tough, and different and I loved that about her.
6. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Katiniss was such a strong character, who was young and willing to sacrifice herself for her little sister. As well as fighting for her life. Was she the best decision maker in the world? Maybe not. But nobody is perfect, not even our kick ass heroines.
7. Tris Prior from The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth Oh, Tris. She made a ballsy decision to step outside of the faction that she has been raised in through her entire childhood. When she’s described you wouldn’t think of her as physically kick ass, although this changes throughout the storyline. She thinks with her heart, and acts for the well being of others. I can’t wait for the last book in the trilogy. Come on 2013!
8. Mia from If I Stay by Gayle Forman How can Mia not make this list? She is dealt a pretty crappy hand when her family is killed in a car accident. The amount of strength that it had to take to make the decision, the premise of If I Stay, to stay and fight for her life or to leave and be with her family to me is unfathomable. Now this is one of my favorite stories of all time. I loved Mia!
9. Anna from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins Okay, so Anna wasn’t literally out there kicking ass. But, in my opinion, she was a kick ass heroine. She was thrust into a foreign country and is forced to go from her timid self, to learn a new language, culture, and country. And of course, the romance was just bonus points.